Hacker News story: Ask HN: My boss says I over complicate things. What should I do?

Ask HN: My boss says I over complicate things. What should I do?
I have about 5 years of professional programming experience and almost 3 has been with my boss. It's now nice side gig that I can work whenever. This side gig I'm the only developer. No CI or QA team. Low budget operation. I pretty much do everything development wise. There have been some bad deployments on my part, so I'm super cautious. He said - I over complicate solutions - I communicate too much - my timeframe estimates for project completion are too long I agree I am all of these, but I think it's because I'm so cautious. What can I do? 6 comments on Hacker News.
I have about 5 years of professional programming experience and almost 3 has been with my boss. It's now nice side gig that I can work whenever. This side gig I'm the only developer. No CI or QA team. Low budget operation. I pretty much do everything development wise. There have been some bad deployments on my part, so I'm super cautious. He said - I over complicate solutions - I communicate too much - my timeframe estimates for project completion are too long I agree I am all of these, but I think it's because I'm so cautious. What can I do?

Hacker News story: Ask HN: My boss says I over complicate things. What should I do? Hacker News story: Ask HN: My boss says I over complicate things. What should I do? Reviewed by Tha Kur on November 12, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.