Hacker News story: Apple should let us schedule work-hours notifications for specific apps

Apple should let us schedule work-hours notifications for specific apps
Focus just doesn't cut it. I don't want Jira, Teams, Outlook, Slack, etc. sending me notifications after I've signed off of work, or if its the weekend. I find myself turning of Teams notifications on my iPhone over the weekend, and forgetting to turn it on during work hours. Apple should introduce a feature that schedules work-hours notifications, so you decide what times Teams notifications should be sent to you and during what day of the week. Shouldn't be fixed to 8h, some of us might want it to be turned on between 08:00-10:00 on a Wednesday only. Thoughts? 3 comments on Hacker News.
Focus just doesn't cut it. I don't want Jira, Teams, Outlook, Slack, etc. sending me notifications after I've signed off of work, or if its the weekend. I find myself turning of Teams notifications on my iPhone over the weekend, and forgetting to turn it on during work hours. Apple should introduce a feature that schedules work-hours notifications, so you decide what times Teams notifications should be sent to you and during what day of the week. Shouldn't be fixed to 8h, some of us might want it to be turned on between 08:00-10:00 on a Wednesday only. Thoughts?

Hacker News story: Apple should let us schedule work-hours notifications for specific apps Hacker News story: Apple should let us schedule work-hours notifications for specific apps Reviewed by Tha Kur on July 20, 2026 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.