Ask HN: Are you using Rust on embedded devices yet? If not, why?
I started dabbling with ESP32-based MCUs from Waveshare with Rust, and I'm quite impressed with the state of things (esp-rs, embassy, probe-rs etc). Note that I haven't really done embedded in any other languages, so I don't really have anything to compare it with. One thing I did notice was that creating beautiful, interactive user interfaces on MCUs with displays is a little harder, libs like embedded-graphics don't look that great. This made me wonder, are people using Rust in their professional embedded work? 0 comments on Hacker News.
I started dabbling with ESP32-based MCUs from Waveshare with Rust, and I'm quite impressed with the state of things (esp-rs, embassy, probe-rs etc). Note that I haven't really done embedded in any other languages, so I don't really have anything to compare it with. One thing I did notice was that creating beautiful, interactive user interfaces on MCUs with displays is a little harder, libs like embedded-graphics don't look that great. This made me wonder, are people using Rust in their professional embedded work?
I started dabbling with ESP32-based MCUs from Waveshare with Rust, and I'm quite impressed with the state of things (esp-rs, embassy, probe-rs etc). Note that I haven't really done embedded in any other languages, so I don't really have anything to compare it with. One thing I did notice was that creating beautiful, interactive user interfaces on MCUs with displays is a little harder, libs like embedded-graphics don't look that great. This made me wonder, are people using Rust in their professional embedded work? 0 comments on Hacker News.
I started dabbling with ESP32-based MCUs from Waveshare with Rust, and I'm quite impressed with the state of things (esp-rs, embassy, probe-rs etc). Note that I haven't really done embedded in any other languages, so I don't really have anything to compare it with. One thing I did notice was that creating beautiful, interactive user interfaces on MCUs with displays is a little harder, libs like embedded-graphics don't look that great. This made me wonder, are people using Rust in their professional embedded work?
Hacker News story: Ask HN: Are you using Rust on embedded devices yet? If not, why?
Reviewed by Tha Kur
on
July 26, 2026
Rating:
No comments: