Ask HN: What browser do you use?
At work, I use Chrome mainly because I work on an observability and analytics product, so it makes sense to use the browser that sends everything, everywhere by default. Outside of work, though, I use Zen and have also been thinking about switching to Mullvad. Privacy-focused browsers, or even simple extensions like Mullvad, Zen, Brave, LibreWolf, or Firefox with uBlock Origin are easy to install and use these days, so I'm wondering why so many people still stick with Chrome, Safari, or Edge. What keeps you using your current browser? 11 comments on Hacker News.
At work, I use Chrome mainly because I work on an observability and analytics product, so it makes sense to use the browser that sends everything, everywhere by default. Outside of work, though, I use Zen and have also been thinking about switching to Mullvad. Privacy-focused browsers, or even simple extensions like Mullvad, Zen, Brave, LibreWolf, or Firefox with uBlock Origin are easy to install and use these days, so I'm wondering why so many people still stick with Chrome, Safari, or Edge. What keeps you using your current browser?
At work, I use Chrome mainly because I work on an observability and analytics product, so it makes sense to use the browser that sends everything, everywhere by default. Outside of work, though, I use Zen and have also been thinking about switching to Mullvad. Privacy-focused browsers, or even simple extensions like Mullvad, Zen, Brave, LibreWolf, or Firefox with uBlock Origin are easy to install and use these days, so I'm wondering why so many people still stick with Chrome, Safari, or Edge. What keeps you using your current browser? 11 comments on Hacker News.
At work, I use Chrome mainly because I work on an observability and analytics product, so it makes sense to use the browser that sends everything, everywhere by default. Outside of work, though, I use Zen and have also been thinking about switching to Mullvad. Privacy-focused browsers, or even simple extensions like Mullvad, Zen, Brave, LibreWolf, or Firefox with uBlock Origin are easy to install and use these days, so I'm wondering why so many people still stick with Chrome, Safari, or Edge. What keeps you using your current browser?
Hacker News story: Ask HN: What browser do you use?
Reviewed by Tha Kur
on
August 13, 2026
Rating:
No comments: