Ask HN: Who is the inspiration for your thinking?
Leaving broad and vague by design. Who formed your thinking? Philosophers? Business magnates? Ancient wisdom? Or more recent thinking? Socrates to Bill Gates? I'll go first, in no particular order: - The Ancient Stoics - D. T. Suzuki, Thich Nhat Hanh, and other - C G Jung - Alfred Adler - Arthur Schopenhauer - Friedrich Nietzsche - Fyodor Dostoevsky - Franz Kafka - Niccolo Machiavelli (highly misunderstood, I strongly suggest starting by watching the "Learning to Love Machiavelli: Don MacDonald at TEDxBoston" - George Pólya 3 comments on Hacker News.
Leaving broad and vague by design. Who formed your thinking? Philosophers? Business magnates? Ancient wisdom? Or more recent thinking? Socrates to Bill Gates? I'll go first, in no particular order: - The Ancient Stoics - D. T. Suzuki, Thich Nhat Hanh, and other - C G Jung - Alfred Adler - Arthur Schopenhauer - Friedrich Nietzsche - Fyodor Dostoevsky - Franz Kafka - Niccolo Machiavelli (highly misunderstood, I strongly suggest starting by watching the "Learning to Love Machiavelli: Don MacDonald at TEDxBoston" - George Pólya
Leaving broad and vague by design. Who formed your thinking? Philosophers? Business magnates? Ancient wisdom? Or more recent thinking? Socrates to Bill Gates? I'll go first, in no particular order: - The Ancient Stoics - D. T. Suzuki, Thich Nhat Hanh, and other - C G Jung - Alfred Adler - Arthur Schopenhauer - Friedrich Nietzsche - Fyodor Dostoevsky - Franz Kafka - Niccolo Machiavelli (highly misunderstood, I strongly suggest starting by watching the "Learning to Love Machiavelli: Don MacDonald at TEDxBoston" - George Pólya 3 comments on Hacker News.
Leaving broad and vague by design. Who formed your thinking? Philosophers? Business magnates? Ancient wisdom? Or more recent thinking? Socrates to Bill Gates? I'll go first, in no particular order: - The Ancient Stoics - D. T. Suzuki, Thich Nhat Hanh, and other - C G Jung - Alfred Adler - Arthur Schopenhauer - Friedrich Nietzsche - Fyodor Dostoevsky - Franz Kafka - Niccolo Machiavelli (highly misunderstood, I strongly suggest starting by watching the "Learning to Love Machiavelli: Don MacDonald at TEDxBoston" - George Pólya
Hacker News story: Ask HN: Who is the inspiration for your thinking?
Reviewed by Tha Kur
on
September 26, 2026
Rating:
No comments: