Tell HN: Hacker News datetimes are falsely precise
I just noticed that the datetime for comments and submissions is weirdly precise. Apparently all comments happen exactly on the second, to the microsecond! e.g. here is one from a few minutes ago: 2026-09-10T14:50:13.000000Z This is a clear example of false precision: https://ift.tt/al73FK0 1 comments on Hacker News.
I just noticed that the datetime for comments and submissions is weirdly precise. Apparently all comments happen exactly on the second, to the microsecond! e.g. here is one from a few minutes ago: 2026-09-10T14:50:13.000000Z This is a clear example of false precision: https://ift.tt/al73FK0
I just noticed that the datetime for comments and submissions is weirdly precise. Apparently all comments happen exactly on the second, to the microsecond! e.g. here is one from a few minutes ago: 2026-09-10T14:50:13.000000Z This is a clear example of false precision: https://ift.tt/al73FK0 1 comments on Hacker News.
I just noticed that the datetime for comments and submissions is weirdly precise. Apparently all comments happen exactly on the second, to the microsecond! e.g. here is one from a few minutes ago: 2026-09-10T14:50:13.000000Z This is a clear example of false precision: https://ift.tt/al73FK0
Hacker News story: Tell HN: Hacker News datetimes are falsely precise
Reviewed by Tha Kur
on
September 10, 2026
Rating:
No comments: