Tell HN: HN has lost the joy for me
There was a time I would come to HN to get some respite from the depressing state of reality. Ukraine war or climate crisis would drive me to despair, and I'd try to get a little endorphin rush by dodging those same topics here and reading about neat things people build or cool new technologies or products. The light has gone out lately. I can't blame AI for all of it. there are a lot of AI stories, sure - but something else has changed. Even the show hn section doesn't sparkle anymore. That seem to be all libraries for doing complex stuff. Like everyone is pivoting to deliver more complex work in the face of vibe coding. Where's the fun stuff? Where's the joy? 14 comments on Hacker News.
There was a time I would come to HN to get some respite from the depressing state of reality. Ukraine war or climate crisis would drive me to despair, and I'd try to get a little endorphin rush by dodging those same topics here and reading about neat things people build or cool new technologies or products. The light has gone out lately. I can't blame AI for all of it. there are a lot of AI stories, sure - but something else has changed. Even the show hn section doesn't sparkle anymore. That seem to be all libraries for doing complex stuff. Like everyone is pivoting to deliver more complex work in the face of vibe coding. Where's the fun stuff? Where's the joy?
There was a time I would come to HN to get some respite from the depressing state of reality. Ukraine war or climate crisis would drive me to despair, and I'd try to get a little endorphin rush by dodging those same topics here and reading about neat things people build or cool new technologies or products. The light has gone out lately. I can't blame AI for all of it. there are a lot of AI stories, sure - but something else has changed. Even the show hn section doesn't sparkle anymore. That seem to be all libraries for doing complex stuff. Like everyone is pivoting to deliver more complex work in the face of vibe coding. Where's the fun stuff? Where's the joy? 14 comments on Hacker News.
There was a time I would come to HN to get some respite from the depressing state of reality. Ukraine war or climate crisis would drive me to despair, and I'd try to get a little endorphin rush by dodging those same topics here and reading about neat things people build or cool new technologies or products. The light has gone out lately. I can't blame AI for all of it. there are a lot of AI stories, sure - but something else has changed. Even the show hn section doesn't sparkle anymore. That seem to be all libraries for doing complex stuff. Like everyone is pivoting to deliver more complex work in the face of vibe coding. Where's the fun stuff? Where's the joy?
Hacker News story: Tell HN: HN has lost the joy for me
Reviewed by Tha Kur
on
October 07, 2026
Rating:
No comments: