Ask HN: If OpenAI hacked HuggingFace, why aren't OpenAI prosecuted?
Hugging Face put up a blogpost saying that they reported the hacking to the authorities: https://ift.tt/T683UnY It's not clear whether they mean authorities for their US HQ or the French authorities. But I can't find any announcement of the follow-up. Is there a case open against OpenAI the company? Is their management interviewed by the authorities? Anyone detained yet? I guess the people who left the model running unattended risk at least a suspended sentence here in France. Where are concerned citizens making inquiries on this matter and reporting in their viral blogposts? 8 comments on Hacker News.
Hugging Face put up a blogpost saying that they reported the hacking to the authorities: https://ift.tt/T683UnY It's not clear whether they mean authorities for their US HQ or the French authorities. But I can't find any announcement of the follow-up. Is there a case open against OpenAI the company? Is their management interviewed by the authorities? Anyone detained yet? I guess the people who left the model running unattended risk at least a suspended sentence here in France. Where are concerned citizens making inquiries on this matter and reporting in their viral blogposts?
Hugging Face put up a blogpost saying that they reported the hacking to the authorities: https://ift.tt/T683UnY It's not clear whether they mean authorities for their US HQ or the French authorities. But I can't find any announcement of the follow-up. Is there a case open against OpenAI the company? Is their management interviewed by the authorities? Anyone detained yet? I guess the people who left the model running unattended risk at least a suspended sentence here in France. Where are concerned citizens making inquiries on this matter and reporting in their viral blogposts? 8 comments on Hacker News.
Hugging Face put up a blogpost saying that they reported the hacking to the authorities: https://ift.tt/T683UnY It's not clear whether they mean authorities for their US HQ or the French authorities. But I can't find any announcement of the follow-up. Is there a case open against OpenAI the company? Is their management interviewed by the authorities? Anyone detained yet? I guess the people who left the model running unattended risk at least a suspended sentence here in France. Where are concerned citizens making inquiries on this matter and reporting in their viral blogposts?
Hacker News story: Ask HN: If OpenAI hacked HuggingFace, why aren't OpenAI prosecuted?
Reviewed by Tha Kur
on
July 23, 2026
Rating:
No comments: