Hacker News story: Ask HN: Fake abuse reports keep auto-blocking my site on Cloudflare

Ask HN: Fake abuse reports keep auto-blocking my site on Cloudflare
I run a small site on Cloudflare's Pro plan. Since 26 September, someone has filed the same fake abuse report against it six times. Each time, Cloudflare automatically puts a "Suspected Malware" warning on my homepage and login pages, and it stays until a person reviews it. The reports are word for word identical. They describe an "order" and product pages that have never existed on my site (they return 404). The file hash in the report doesn't match the hash in its own VirusTotal link, which returns "Item not found". Only the date changes, and twice it's been misspelled ("October 52026", "Octoboer 8 2026"). Cloudflare's team has cleared four of them. The reporter pastes the same text again within a day. The result is that my homepage has been blocked for most of two weeks, my traffic has halved, and Google is indexing the warning page instead of my site. I've opened support cases and requested reviews each time. I've had one reply, on 5 October, and nothing on a lasting fix. I'm not asking for special treatment. I'd like to know: 1. Is there a way to stop automatic mitigations from a reporter or text that has already been shown to be false? 2. Is there a manual-review setting for a domain? 3. Has anyone else seen the abuse form used like this, and how did it end? The same problem is described in my open case with Cloudflare (#02370521). Thanks for any pointers, and if anyone from Cloudflare's abuse team reads this, I'd welcome a reply. 0 comments on Hacker News.
I run a small site on Cloudflare's Pro plan. Since 26 September, someone has filed the same fake abuse report against it six times. Each time, Cloudflare automatically puts a "Suspected Malware" warning on my homepage and login pages, and it stays until a person reviews it. The reports are word for word identical. They describe an "order" and product pages that have never existed on my site (they return 404). The file hash in the report doesn't match the hash in its own VirusTotal link, which returns "Item not found". Only the date changes, and twice it's been misspelled ("October 52026", "Octoboer 8 2026"). Cloudflare's team has cleared four of them. The reporter pastes the same text again within a day. The result is that my homepage has been blocked for most of two weeks, my traffic has halved, and Google is indexing the warning page instead of my site. I've opened support cases and requested reviews each time. I've had one reply, on 5 October, and nothing on a lasting fix. I'm not asking for special treatment. I'd like to know: 1. Is there a way to stop automatic mitigations from a reporter or text that has already been shown to be false? 2. Is there a manual-review setting for a domain? 3. Has anyone else seen the abuse form used like this, and how did it end? The same problem is described in my open case with Cloudflare (#02370521). Thanks for any pointers, and if anyone from Cloudflare's abuse team reads this, I'd welcome a reply.

Hacker News story: Ask HN: Fake abuse reports keep auto-blocking my site on Cloudflare Hacker News story: Ask HN: Fake abuse reports keep auto-blocking my site on Cloudflare Reviewed by Tha Kur on October 11, 2026 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.