Hacker News story: Tell HN: OVH price increase for dedicated servers

Tell HN: OVH price increase for dedicated servers
Since October 1 the OVH price increase also applies to running dedicated servers, at next renewal. A Reddit user posted that their two servers went up 54% in 11 months, no grandfathering. OVH's own post: an Advance-1 Gen 2024 renews at $114.99 instead of $89.99 (+28%). RAM options on new orders are up 68% to 652%, the Game range up to 87%. The stated reason is DDR5 costing six times what it did a year ago. Hetzner did the same in February and June, both threads had 500+ points here. I run a small PHP hosting company, so I am biased. But I wonder: Who here still runs OVH or Hetzner dedicated boxes? Sources: https://ift.tt/X7EqIch https://ift.tt/g7rTSPz https://ift.tt/6YNZ8Lh https://ift.tt/ltow53d https://ift.tt/U6VxRsK 2 comments on Hacker News.
Since October 1 the OVH price increase also applies to running dedicated servers, at next renewal. A Reddit user posted that their two servers went up 54% in 11 months, no grandfathering. OVH's own post: an Advance-1 Gen 2024 renews at $114.99 instead of $89.99 (+28%). RAM options on new orders are up 68% to 652%, the Game range up to 87%. The stated reason is DDR5 costing six times what it did a year ago. Hetzner did the same in February and June, both threads had 500+ points here. I run a small PHP hosting company, so I am biased. But I wonder: Who here still runs OVH or Hetzner dedicated boxes? Sources: https://ift.tt/X7EqIch https://ift.tt/g7rTSPz https://ift.tt/6YNZ8Lh https://ift.tt/ltow53d https://ift.tt/U6VxRsK

Hacker News story: Tell HN: OVH price increase for dedicated servers Hacker News story: Tell HN: OVH price increase for dedicated servers Reviewed by Tha Kur on October 02, 2026 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.